Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

📜 Policy Discussion Staff on Other Communities

For conversations about the creation and enforcement of community guidelines.

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Do you allow your staff to become staff on other forums? What if the forum is your competitor or on the same niche as yours? Are you ok with this, or against this? I do not have any staff on my forums and even if I had staff I would have any problems with my staff working on a rival forum. The only problem would be when the staff starts stealing content and other ideas.

I don't mind if my staff are staff on other forums that have a similar niche. I don't want to come off as being controlling, to me it would make myself look bad if I told my staff they couldn't be staff on any other forum.

I've never thought about this. I run 2 forums; both are unique with no competition. One of my staff members once served another site that targeted the same audience, but that other site never got much traffic. Eventually we grew and they shrunk out of existence.

I don't mind if my staff are staff on other forums that have a similar niche. I don't want to come off as being controlling, to me it would make myself look bad if I told my staff they couldn't be staff on any other forum.

This is a good approach. As long as the other forum is not implementing a rule that restricts my staff members from working on their forums, I don't have an issue with such as well.

I don't tend to have much staff on my forums but if I did, I would not tell them who they could or could not work for and I feel that is bad practice as a community leader. I understand you can run into issues with plans and such getting leaked but that is why you should be careful and know the staff you hire to avoid that problem and having to resort to preventing your staff from working at other forums if they wish.

I don't mind where my staff comes from as long as they do not share private/personal information posted on the hidden forums of my board, particularly the staff room.

Some of my mods have been made mods on other forums, some have even started their own forums. Doesn't bother me, I've even joined other said forums.

I never understood the reasoning behind why some people could be staffed on one forum but not staffed on another. A bit ridiculous and petty to me because as long as someone has the credentials and experience, why not let them staff elsewhere? Even if they do not, one could gain experience staffing at one place in a different position then the other.

Just more so my thoughts. 💚

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest