Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Making Money as a Content Creator

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Content is a generic term used to refers anything from videos, audios, text, graphics, and images. The word content is primarily used for the materials published and shared on the internet. Everything from your social media posts (status updates, photos, videos, memes, etc.) to your posts on discussion boards and forums, to the articles and posts you share on your blog or website are considered content. The evolution of web 2 made it possible for a normal internet user to become a content creator, and the content creation industry became use with thew popularity of user generated content sites like youtube and facebook.

Today, content creation is a huge industry, every Tom, Dick and Harry can make money by using platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok etc. to publish content and make money. If you are passionate about photography, videography, traveling, cooking, and gardening, you can create content (videos, articles) around these topics and make money as a content creator.

With billions of pieces of content being published every day on social media, websites, blogs, forums, there is a huge opportunity to make money in this field.

Some popular ways to make money as a Content Creator are:

1. Video Content Creator: Share videos on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, etc., or video sharing platforms like Tiktok,YouTube, etc. to earn money.
  2. Audio Content: Create podcasts and share them on your own website, YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, etc. and make money selling podcasts or from ads.
  3. Text Content: Write articles, blog posts, or short posts and publish them on your own website or others' websites. You can even sell ebooks to generate income.
  4. Graphics: Sell graphics or create visuals for your own marketing campaigns.
Do you make money as a content creator? What kind of content do you create?

I don't make content for others aside from forum posting. The content I make for myself is for fun and also to develop my sites. Developed sites, as you've noted, can grow from a seed to a tree with enough time.

I recognize that for many, running a site (forum, blog or whatever) is about generating income. And it can be a lucrative pursuit if you get into the right niche, and are knowledgeable in it.

I create content because I enjoy it... and I share it for free because I want others to be able to learn about the topic if they are interested and not be worried about getting nickel-and-dimed to death.
Nothing I create cost me anything more than time... well... to be honest, a few things did require me to purchase new equipment, but I can use that for other stuff also, so I don't consider that an actual content cost. I've spent the last several days (about 5 to be exact) setting up a mini PC with various flavors of Linux and astrophotography software and creating some small articles that others interested in the field can used to get a baseline system set up with remote desktop sharing enabled.

But being retired, I have time (when I'm not tied up with the honey-do's of home ownership).

And I guess it was a worthwhile pursuit (google search done from TOR with no cookies present).

Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 12.51.01 AM.png

For those running XenForo, XenAddon Article Management System is a very good solution if you want to create articles in more than the mundane offering that the default XenForo package offers. Instead of it basically being a "fancy post" you actually have the ability to create articles with an actual table of contents with individual pages, make them part of a series, make the series a community based series and more (there are options I haven't even begun to evaluate in the add-on).
So, if you run XF and articles are a part of your content creation target (especially if wanting it to generate income), I'd suggest looking into it as you can make some nice content over what many running just XF can do.

Probably a good discussion for this topic is what have you found that pushes your content ahead of others that is of equal "value". As much as it is that the content is important, the presentation of that content is even more important, especially if depending on it for income.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest