Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Freelancing Earnings and Global Disparities

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
I have been on multiple freelancing platforms and based on my personal experience, freelancers from developing economies are charging less compared to their counterparts form developed economies. While bidding on jobs, freelancers are from developing countries are also bidding with a lower amount. Selling for lower fees and bidding for lesser amount make people believe that there is a global disparity in freelance earnings.

Contrary to the belief that freelancers from developing countries earn less, I believe freelancers from low tier countries are earning significantly well on platforms like Fiverr and Upwork. This phenomenon is partly due to the purchasing power parity, where the value of money varies across countries. Freelancers from lower-tier countries may charge lower rates due to this economic difference, allowing them to leverage the value of USD. For instance, when someone in the US earns $5, it would not mean much but for someone in India, $5 would be something. With a solid reputation, freelancers, regardless of their location, can command competitive rates similar to those from developed countries.

I have been on multiple freelancing platforms and based on my personal experience, freelancers from developing economies are charging less compared to their counterparts form developed economies. While bidding on jobs, freelancers are from developing countries are also bidding with a lower amount. Selling for lower fees and bidding for lesser amount make people believe that there is a global disparity in freelance earnings.

Contrary to the belief that freelancers from developing countries earn less, I believe freelancers from low tier countries are earning significantly well on platforms like Fiverr and Upwork. This phenomenon is partly due to the purchasing power parity, where the value of money varies across countries. Freelancers from lower-tier countries may charge lower rates due to this economic difference, allowing them to leverage the value of USD. For instance, when someone in the US earns $5, it would not mean much but for someone in India, $5 would be something. With a solid reputation, freelancers, regardless of their location, can command competitive rates similar to those from developed countries.
Yeah, this is a source of a lot of resentment from 1st world workers. For instance, some might say the whole coding industry was taken by India. Anyway, though, it's very selfish to assume, though, that the whole world should cater to the west or that people outside the west don't also have families to feed. Well, do you really feel people outside the west care if others don't like them? Nope. It's just like African Americans don't care that some people don't like them, or you can name any group out there.

People just exist and have to survive and there not making apologies for existing. However, though, how can people survive in a world so cut-throat? Also, it is getting worse with AI and inflation.

Sometimes it hurts when you are personally attacked. For instance, I was once asked to write an ebook for $10 and the person who wanted me to write and ebook for $10 said, this is a big amount for you guys.

Sometimes it hurts when you are personally attacked. For instance, I was once asked to write an ebook for $10 and the person who wanted me to write and ebook for $10 said, this is a big amount for you guys.
Yeah, I don't like being talked down to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor